This week I tried really hard to have something new for the girls to try during our outdoor play time each day.
Here are the fun ideas that we tried out (and the great bloggers that shared the ideas!) -
I made our first colored ice cube fun this week. And got the idea to make some ice boats from Mama Mia's Heart 2 Heart.
The big blue one really worked out well.
The little ones that I tried, not so much!
If you make ice boats I would suggest making LOTS and not getting them all out at the same time. When these melted quickly in the 96 degree heat my girls instantly wanted more and I had not planned for backups!
We also set up a "walk the plank"! I got this idea from Adventures at Home with Mum and her pirate themed party. Her set up is way more extensive than mine but the girls really loved having this new feature in our backyard water play.
Both girls did lots of balancing, jumping off and Sam even discovered that she could swim underneath the plank!
Here is the way I set it up.
This Week's Feature!
This week my favorite outdoor play idea combines art, outdoor play and a creative way to avoid buying expensive wrapping paper. Check out FootPrint Wrapping Paper by Mulitple Mumy.
Isn't that adorable and SO clever? Love this! Thanks for sharing!!
Now on to the Party!
A few guidelines for the party...
- Any kind of children's outdoor play-related posts are welcome!
- If you'd like us to further share your post (e.g., on Facebook/ Twitter/ Pinterest), please just include a link back to this post (either in your post or sidebar) to help us spread the word about the importance (and fun!) of outdoor play!
- Please feel free to grab the Outdoor Play Party button from the sidebar and/or include a text link back.
- Each time we will feature an activity from the previous party.
- By contributing you are giving permission for an image and link to your post to be republished.