My girls are past the baby phase but I know quite a few women that have just had little ones or will be having little ones sometime very soon. So I wanted to share some of our outdoor play time from back when Avery was a baby. There can be more to getting your little ones outside than just walks in the stroller or times on the trail in the carrier. Try out something new and creative!
Encouraging crawling in the grass. If you little one does not like the feel of grass you can use some of their favorite indoor toys to encourage them to explore the texture of grass. Avery loved crawling around collecting her toys!
Give them a new perspective! Avery loved being placed on her back in random spots around the yard to look at the leaves, play with the branches and just have a new perspective.
How do you get your baby outside for playtime?
The Feature of the Week!
My favorite this week comes from Train Up a Child. I usually think of myself as a mom that is not afraid of messes. We have a mud kitchen, lots of places to dig in the mud, we play with playdough a lot and do painting projects. I try to embrace their creative messes. But this mom puts me to shame! Check out the awesome product her kids created when they were allowed to get REALLY messy with their body paint slip and slide!
On to the Party!
A few guidelines for the party...
- Any kind of children's outdoor play-related posts are welcome!
- If you'd like us to further share your post (e.g., on Facebook/ Twitter/ Pinterest), please just include a link back to this post (either in your post or sidebar) to help us spread the word about the importance (and fun!) of outdoor play!
- Please feel free to grab the Outdoor Play Party button from the sidebar and/or include a text link back.
- Each time we will feature an activity from the previous party.
- By contributing you are giving permission for an image and link to your post to be republished.